Thursday, November 23, 2006

 

Holidays

What is so important about holidays, especially Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's? Well for one thing it is a time for relatives and friends to get together to "enjoy" each others' company. A time for sharing what has happened in each others lives since the last get together. It is a time for bonding, fussing, being kind to someone who you don't like, being able to see the ones that you do like, that may not really like you. In todays world of honestly, really, how much do we need to pretend in order to be "acceptable"? In my personal opinion, why waste time with those who could care less about you? Why not be honest about how you feel so you can spend what little time we have on this earth with the ones we really do care about? I love my wife very much and care about her dearly. I love my children and siblings, and miss them. I wish I could spend more time at home including time with my wife, children, pets, and siblings, but reality and having to pay bills have me working a job away from home for a week at at time. So, if you cannot be honest with me, and be a true friend, then don't waste our time. I have so little of it to spare. However, if you can be a true friend, please let me know, and I will make every effort to be a true friend to you.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?