Saturday, March 17, 2007

 

Who Do You Think You Are?

During my last trip to Savage, Maryland, which is near Baltimore, I ran across an attitude that I thought I would share in both my blogs. Some of the egos you run across are really unbelievable at times, eh?

I had pulled up to the customer's site, parked my truck, and was heading towards the receiving door. On my way in I met a fellow that I thought was driving the truck parked in front of me. I was curious about the orange box that looked like an old Schneider van trailer, so I began chatting with him to ask him about it.

Since he was walking around the vicinity of the tractor, I just assumed he was the driver of the truck. I asked him about the orange trailer and he responded with, "I guess they must have bought it from Schneider.".

My next question was, "Is that your truck?".

He laughed and replied, "No, I graduated from that.".

The thoughts that abounded in my mind. My first thought was to ask who the hell he thought he was, making a statement like that. My second thought was to ask him what he graduated to, being an a$$hole?

Well, knowing that I must treat customers with respect, regardless of how they treat me, I just politely ignored the comment and went on about checking into receiving. I did not know who this person was, nor his position within this customer's site, so I did not want to tick him off. If you get the receiving personnel upset with you, they can make your life miserable by making you wait for hours before you can get your load off your truck and/or other things to make you miserable.

When you have doctors, lawyers, pilots, computer geeks, and all other types of people driving trucks that used to work other jobs, you should never make comments like that fellow did.

The more I thought about it, not saying anything at all to him was the best response. He will go on in his life with his narrow minded way of thinking, and eventually he will make that comment to the wrong person.

What goes around comes around.


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?