Saturday, March 07, 2009

 

To my son Charles

My first born. I remember passing out cigars, taking you back to the hospital when you were only ten days old, the IV needle in your little head, cleaning the incision in your little side from the surgery you had when you were so little.

I remember the mess you made eating your birthday cake in your high chair and the plastic we laid down to capture the food you threw when you ate.

I remember the golden blonde hair and your smile so big.

I remember when you asked me if we could fly after watching the movie Superman.

I never will forget all the shots you got in your arm when you were tested for allergies, thinking how I had never been exposed to so many shots myself.

I remember the pain we sufferred when you were hospitalized and the agony we went through afterwards trying to help you.

I am proud of the individual you have turned out to be and I hope you pass on the same quality of life to those who you come in contact with. You are always passionate, caring, and loving to all mankind.

As any parent, I wish you the best and hope you make the best of your life.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?